From Worldwide Mobile Guide
- username: (blank)
- password: (blank)
- APN name: web.vodafone.com.qa
Ooredoo (Qatar Telecom)
It supports GSM / GPRS / UMTS / HSPA / LTE Cat4 / LTE Cat 6 / LTE Cat9 technologies.
- APN name: data
Prepaid offer from Vodafone is called RED. To become a Vodafone client you should purchase Vodafone Welcome Pack (QAR 25 / US$ 6.87) containing your Vodafone SIM along with your Vodafone number and then choose of the prepaid plans. Prepaid plans are as follows:
|QAR 35 / US$ 9.61||35||4||2 MB||180 days|
|QAR 55 / US$ 15.11||55||8||4 MB||180 days|
|QAR 100 / US$ 27.46||100||20||10 MB||180 days|
|QAR 150 / US$ 41.20||150||30||15 MB||180 days|
|QAR 200 / US$ 54.93||200||50||20 MB||180 days|
|QAR 300 / US$ 82.39||300||75||30 MB||365 days|
|QAR 500 / US$ 137.32||500||150||50 MB||365|
|Available in Vodafone Stores and partners|
|QAR 10 / US$ 2.75||10||0||0 MB||60 days|
|QAR 20 / US$ 5.49||20||2||0 MB||60 days|
Bonuses accumulate to a maximum of 1200 minutes, 300MB, and are valid for 10 days.
Choose any of the above plans and you can add the following Add-Ons at the nest step:
|Add Ons||Type||You Pay||You Get||Validity|
|Mobile Internet||One-Off||QAR 50 / US$ 13.73||200 MB||1 month|
|Mobile Internet PRO||One-Off||QAR 100 / US$ 27.46||1 GB||1 month|
|Mobile Internet Monthy||Automatic||QAR 100 / US$ 27.46||1 GB||1 month|
|Blackberry Monthly||Automatic||QAR 49 / US$ 13.46||300 MB||1 month|
Monthly Automatic Add-ons work as follow - your add-on will be automatically renew and its price will be deducted from your Red balance once a month. If you don’t have enough Red balance on the date your Add-on is due to renew, you'll receive n SMS as a reminder for you to top-up within seven days.
Exras (Add-Ons) on Prepaid - Vodafone Extras are additional one-off products that are designed to give you even more value for money. The Extras you purchase are simply deducted from your Prepaid balance.
1. Smart Packs - get double the value with the following prepaid Smart Packs
|Smart Pack||Vodafone minutes||Vodafone SMS/MMS||International minutes||Data||How to buy||Price||Services price at standard rate|
|Smart Pack 15||20||20||11||10 MB||Dial *200*415#||QAR 15 / US$ 4.12||QAR 30 / US$ 8.24|
|Smart Pack 40||60||60||30||30 MB||Dial *200*440#||QAR 40 / US$ 10.98||QAR 88 / US$ 24.17|
|Smart Pack 75||130||130||70||70 MB||Dial *200*475#||QAR 75 / US$ 20.60||QAR 198 / US$ 54.37|
|Smart Pack 130||280||280||130||200 MB||Dial *200*4130#||QAR 130 / US$ 35.70||QAR 402 / US$ 110.40|
|Maximum Value*||1000||1000||500||1 GB|
* Maximum Value refers to the maximum value that can be accumulated in case you continuously buy a Smart Pack within the validity period without using all the included value. For example, if you bought a Smart Pack 40 and didn't use any of the included international minutes, then these minutes will be accumulated and therefore - a maximum value is placed at 500 international minutes. All Smart Packs and included value are valid for 30 days and is extended for another 30 days each time you buy another Smart Pack. To check your Smart Pack balance dial *129# and press call on your mobile.
2. Prepaid Mobile Internet Extra Packs
|Pack||Price||You get||Validity||Automatic Renewal||How to Activate|
|Internet Daily Pack 2||QAR 2 / US$ 0.55||10 MB||Till midnight the same day||Yes, on days when Internet is used.||Dial *200*302#|
|Internet Weekly Pack 6||QAR 6 / US$ 1.65||30 MB||7 Days||Yes||Dial *200*306#|
|Internet Monthly Pack 15||QAR 15 / US$ 4.12||60 MB||1 month||Yes||Dial *200*315#|
|Internet Monthly Pack 50||QAR 50 / US$ 13.73||250 MB||1 month||No||Recharge online now|
|Internet Monthly Pack 100||QAR 100 / US$ 27.46||1 GB||1 month||No||Recharge online now|
|Internet Monthly Pack 100 Recurring||QAR 100 / US$ 27.46||1 GB||1 month||Yes||Visit a Vodafone Retail Store or Call 111.|
|Internet Monthly Pack 200||QAR 200 / US$ 54.93||4 GB||1 month||No||Recharge online now|
The price of the Internet Pack will be deducted from your balance and the included MBs automatically added to your account.
If you only use Mobile Internet occasionally and don’t want to buy an Internet Pack, you can still browse the web at the rate of QAR 0.55 / US$ 0.15 per MB and you can access 0.facebook.com for free. With no set-up fee and no fixed-term contract.
To unsubscribe from an automatic renewal Internet Pack dial one of the following numbers:
- *250*302# for the Internet Daily Pack 2
- *250*306# for the Internet Weekly Pack 6
- *250*315# for the Internet Monthly Pack 15
You will lose any remaining MB’s when you unsubscribe from your Internet Pack. To deactivate your Internet Monthly Pack 100 Recurring visit any Vodafone Retail Store or call 111 from your Vodafone mobile or 800 7111 from any other phone.
3. BlackBerry Extras
|Bonus||Price||You Get||Validity||How to Activate|
|BlackBerry Weekly||QAR 12 / US$ 3.30||250 MB||7 days||Send SMS with BBW to 97228|
|BlackBerry Monthly||QAR 49 / US$ 13.46||1 GB||1 month||Send SMS with BB to 97228|
If you are new to Vodafone you can buy BlackBerry® plan online or from Vodafone Retail Stores. To buy a BlackBerry® plan online simply follow these four steps:
- Select a Prepaid plan
- Pick your number
- Select BlackBerry® Internet Service as an Extra
- Choose a BlackBerry® device (optional)
Your BlackBerry® prepay service will be activated within 24 hours. You'll also get an SMS from Vodafone once the service has been activated.
How to top up
To check your account balance dial *100# and then press 1 and you will be sent an SMS with the required information.
There are multiple recharge options provided by Vodafone:
- Online recharge - it is the fastest way to top up your prepaid account and it's available 24/7, topup can be performed here for any Recharge of QAR 20 / US$ 5.49 and above. To recharge online you need internet connection on your device (computer, mobile phone or tablet) and a valid Visa or Mastercard credit card. You will be asked to enter the mobile number you want to top up and to choose your plan. Once the payment is confirmed a confirmation SMS will notify you that the credit has been added to your account;
- Via scratch cards bought in Vodafone Stores - Buy a scratch card and follow the instructions on the back of the card;
- At the ATM machines (QNB, QIB and Doha Bank)
- From the Vodafone Money Account
- Simply visit a Vodafone or partner store and have credit loaded directly onto your phone.
Whenever you recharge your Prepaid credit you’ll receive included value additionally to your credit as per the following table:
|Credit Amount||Credit Validity||Vodafone Minutes||Vodafone SMS/MMS||MB||Included Value Validity|
|QAR 10 / US$ 2.75||60 days||0||0||0||-|
|QAR 20 / US$ 5.49||60 days||2||0||0||10 days from the date you recharge|
|QAR 35 / US$ 9.61||180 days||4||0||2|
|QAR 55 / US$ 15.10||180 days||8||0||4|
|QAR 100 / US$ 27.46||180 days||20||0||10|
|QAR 150 / US$ 41.19||180 days||30||0||15|
|QAR 200 / US$ 54.92||180 days||50||0||30|
|QAR 300 / US$ 82.38||365 days||75||0||50|
|QAR 500 / US$ 137.30||365 days||150||0||75|
Qtel Hala is the best and quickest way to get a pre-paid mobile service from Qtel. Just get a Hala SIM Pack (Hala SIM Packs are available at Qtel eShop, Qtel Shops and Authorized Dealers) and activate your plan (once you've received your Hala SIM card, you can easily activate it using Hala activation instructions). To get Hala, you will need to complete a registration form (make sure you bring a copy of your ID (for local residents) or passport (for visitors)). You can get Hala only if you're over the age of 18.
Hala Starter Pack Details:
- QAR 50 / US$ 13.73 - Price
- QAR 25 / US$ 6.87 - Included Credit
- 180 days - Credit Validity
- 120 days - Reconnect Period (When the validity period ends, you will enter a reconnection period where you will be able to only receive calls and SMS for the first 30 days. You also get an additional extended reconnection period of 90 days during which you can retain your number, however you will not be able to make or receive calls during this period unless a top-up is made).
In terms of Hala pack you can access the Internet at the price of QAR 0.55 / US$ 0.15 per 1 MB or order one of the internet packs.
Hala Mobile Internet Packs:
|Name||Price||MB Data||Validity||Auto-Renewal||Activation Code to 121|
|Easy||QAR 15 / US$ 4.12||50 MB||30 Days||Yes||Easy|
|Lite||QAR 10 / US$ 2.75||50 MB||7 Days||No||MIP Lite|
|Plus||QAR 25 / US$ 6.87||250 MB||7 Days||No||MIP Plus|
For information or subscription via the self-service menu just dial *121#, choose 4. Email and Internet Add-ons, then select the number corresponding to the pack you wish to learn about or subscribe to (option 2 for MIP Lite, 3 for MIP Plus, or 4 for Easy).
To check your balance and how much data you have left via free SMS:
- For Easy subscribers: Send an SMS to 121 with Balance Easy
- For Lite subscribers: Send an SMS to 121 with Balance MIP
- For Plus subscribers: Send an SMS to 121 with Balance MIP
To stop your Easy Mobile Internet auto-renewing subscription send a free SMS with STOP EASY to 121. Other Mobile Internet Packs will expire automatically after 7 days of subscription and will not auto-renew.
Hala Mobile Broadband for you PC or laptop:
|SIM Pack||Top up|
|3 Days Unlimited||-||QAR 90 / US$ 24.72|
|10 Days Unlimited||QAR 250 / US$ 68.66||QAR 250 / US$ 68.66|
|30 Days Unlimited||-||QAR 450 / US$ 123.59|
Qtel also offers Hala BlackBerry Prepaid Service:
- QAR 15 / US$ 4.12 Each Week
- Weekly charge includes 250 MB data allowance
- Additional usage is charged at only QAR 0.55 (US$ 0.15) / MB
How to Activate
Getting started with Hala Mobile Broadband (you can purchase the starter pack at Qtel retail outlet, premium dealer, or one of Qtel two convenient locations in the airport)
- Hala Mobile Broadband SIM Pack comes loaded with 10 days of Unlimited Internet Access.
- Choose one of Qtel three service pack options.
- Decide which USB modem you need (if you don't already have an unlocked 3G Device)
- Insert the SIM card to your USB Modem.
- Plug your Modem into your computer.
- Follow the simple installation instructions.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Extend your service by topping up at any conveniently located Qtel Self Serve Machine or QNB ATM. Just don't forget to write down your account number, you'll need it when you Top-Up.
The service expires at midnight of the last day of service.
To activate your Hala BlackBerry Internet Service follow the steps below:
- Make sure your Hala balance is sufficient and your BlackBerry battery is fully charged.
- Send an SMS with short code BB to 121. There is no activation fee for this service.
- You will receive an SMS notification that your service request is being processed.
- Upon successful activation, you will receive a notification SMS confirming that your service is activated.
- You will see 3G (or GPRS/EDGE) logo on top right corner of your BlackBerry handset
It's recommended to perform device HARD RESET by turning off your BlackBerry, remove and then replace the battery, then restart.
How to top up
|Minimum Denomination||Bonus Recharges|
|Top-up Card Value||10 QAR / US$ 2.75||30 QAR / US$ 8.24||50 QAR / US$ 13.73||100 QAR / US$ 27.46||200 QAR / US$ 54.93|
|Credit||10 QAR / US$ 2.75||30 QAR / US$ 8.24||50 QAR / US$ 13.73||100 QAR / US$ 27.46||200 QAR / US$ 54.93|
|Bonus International Minutes*||-||3||6||20||50|
|Bonus Data MB's*||-||3 MB||6 MB||20 MB||50 MB|
|Validity Period**||30 days||180 days||180 days||180 days||180 days|
|Reconnect Period***||120 days||120 days||120 days||120 days||120 days|
* Bonus units are valid for 6 months and you can accumulate up to 1000 units each for International Minutes and Data MB’s.
** Each time you top up with call credit, Hala allows you to accumulate credit validity up to the maximum of 365 days.
*** When the validity period ends, you will enter a reconnection period where you will be able to only receive calls and SMS for the first 30 days. You also get an additional extended reconnection period of 90 days during which you can retain your number. However during this period you will not be able to send or receive calls until you top-up your call credit.
- Top-up cards and e-Vouchers - Recharge cards are available through Qtel shops and partner retailers throughout Qatar. e-Vouchers are available at selected dealer shops and all Qtel Self Service Machines.
Purchase your voucher in whichever format, locate the secret number, dial: *127*<secret number># and then press Call button from the Hala line that you want to top up. You will instantly receive a confirmation of your new credit amount and validity period.
To check instant balance and validity dial *129# and then press Call button. To check your Bonus balance dial *129*2# and then press Call button.
- Direct top-up - Qtel Self Service Machines allow you to directly top up your Hala with any amount between QAR 10 / US$ 2.75 and QAR 500 / US$ 137.32. You can find such machines at Qtel shops and many other locations throughout Qatar. There is no need for any secret number on printed vouchers. You enter the required Hala number you want to recharge, choose any amount between QAR 10 / US$ 2.75 and QAR 500 / US$ 137.32 to be recharged and pay by cash or a bank card. After the transaction is finished, you'll receive a confirmation SMS to the number you recharged.
- Online top-up can be performed here.
Denominations and associated values:
|Card value||Credit Validity||Bonus Credit||International Minutes Bonus*||Data Bonus*|
|QAR 10 - QAR 29 / US$ 2.75 - US$ 7.96||30 days||10%||-||-|
|QAR 30 - QAR 49 / US$ 8.24 - US$ 13.46||180 days||10%||3||3 MB|
|QAR 50 - QAR 99 / US$ 13.73 - US$ 27.19||180 days||10%||6||6 MB|
|QAR 100 - QAR 199 / US$ 27.46 - US$ 54.65||180 days||10%||20||20 MB|
|QAR 200 - QAR 499 / US$ 54.92 - US$ 137.03||180 days||10%||50||50 MB|
|QAR 500 / US$ 137.30||180 days||10%||150||150 MB|
* Bonus units are valid for 6 months and you can accumulate up to 1000 units each for International Minutes and Data MB’s.
- Credit Transfer - Any Hala customer can transfer airtime credit to any other Hala customer by simply dialing*130* <recipient's mobile number>*<amount># then pressing Call button. The minimum transfer amount is QAR 10 / US$ 2.75. The sender will be charged QAR 0.50 / US$ 0.14 per transfer.
If the transfer amount is greater than or equal to QAR 50 / US$ 13.73, you also get fixed Bonus Credit based on your credit transfer range.
Restaurants, hotels and other recommendation applications
Social Networking applications
Special Travel applications
Wi Fi Networks
APN settings AT&T
- Port: 80
- Proxy: proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com /18.104.22.168
- APN: Balege
- WAP Homepage URL: http://www.H2OMweb.com
- MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com